Good Afternoon Samuel Hearne MS Community,
We hope that you are doing well and are keeping in a safe environment with those closest to you as we continue to face an extraordinary situation that is affecting each of us in different ways.
It is hard to believe that our first full week of Remote Learning is coming to an end. We thank our students and staff for yet another successful transition to and experience with Remote Learning! During this week, our students continued to receive a variety of communications from our teachers (using email, Google Classroom and Google Meet) as our students have engaged in rich learning experiences designed by our staff. We thank all in our school community for continuing to come together in support of our students.
As we know, we continue to face an unprecedented situation where the concern of our school and of the TDSB continues to be the health and well-being of all students, staff and families amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. During this time, we would like for you to know that the staff of our school is thinking of and wishes the continued health and safety of all Samuel Hearne MS students and families.
We remind our School Community to stay safe by following all protocols and directives outlined by Toronto Public Health, Ontario Ministry of Health and government officials to ensure your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of others.
This communication is being sent to share pertinent information and resources to support our students and our School Community during this time – please see the sections below for further details:
A. SAMUEL HEARNE MS SCHOOL COMMUNITY COMMUNICATIONS PLAN:
- Our communication with our School Community continues to be a priority
- To support this at the school-level, below please find the ways in which we have communicated and plan to continue to communicate any and all updates with our School Community:
- In addition, we ask our School Community to send any questions or concerns directly to Principal Joe Romano, via email at Joseph.Romano@tdsb.on.ca
B. STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH & WELL-BEING:
- With this all in mind, it is important that we continue to consider and prioritize the Mental Health and Well-Being of our entire School Community, inclusive of our students, families and staff
- At Samuel Hearne MS and at the TDSB, we care about the range of emotions and questions students of all ages may be experiencing in this uncertain and unprecedented time of the COVID-19 pandemic and school closures
- Both school-based staff and TDSB Professional Support Services share responsibilities for supporting student well-being
- While at home, there are a variety of Mental Health and Well-Being Resources for students and families available on the TDSB website
- We remind our School Community that these supports continue to be available for students and families, and should you have any questions or concerns please contact Principal Joe Romano directly via email at Joseph.Romano@tdsb.on.ca
C. SCHOOL COMMUNITY RESOURCES:
- Please click/tap HERE to access the new TDSB Community Support Hub to connect with our Community Support Worker and to access resources and supports within our School Community:
D. RESOURCES & PERTINENT INFORMATION FROM IMPORTANT TDSB PARTNERS:
- Further, to continue to stay up-to-date with all information surrounding the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, please see and continue to check the websites below for ongoing updates:
We wish our School Community a wonderful weekend ahead, as we look forward to Week 2 of Remote Learning beginning on Monday, April 26, 2021 (a timetable DAY 3).
Moving forward, we will continue to communicate any updates and pertinent information as it is shared to keep our School Community informed in a timely manner.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Principal Joe Romano directly via email at Joseph.Romano@tdsb.on.ca.
Stay Safe & Take Care,
Mr. J. Romano, Principal & Ms. N. Blackwood-Fuller, Vice Principal