Good Morning Samuel Hearne MS Community,
We hope that all is well with you and yours.
On behalf of the Staff of Samuel Hearne MS, we would like to sincerely thank our school community for your patience and support as we transitioned to Remote Learning on Monday, January 4, 2021. Working together during this time of change ensures the success of our Students and continuous opportunities for Teaching and Learning.
This communication is being sent to share reminders of information previously shared with our School Community as we continue our shift to Remote Learning. Please see the sections below for specific information:
A. OVERVIEW INFORMATION:
- As you are likely aware, the Government of Ontario announced that all Elementary Schools in Southern Ontario, including those at the TDSB (such as Samuel Hearne MS), will be closed to Students until Monday, January 11, 2021
- Further, as a reminder, please see the following communications shared with parents/guardians/families by the TDSB for detailed information regarding our shift to RemoteLearning:
B. REMOTE LEARNING INFORMATION:
- The following information has been previously communicated to students and parents/guardians/families:
- During this Provincial School Closure Period/time, all in-person schools (including Samuel Hearne MS) have shifted to Remote Learning
- Students will receive Remote Learning from their home (using Google Classroom/Google Meet) delivered by their regular school teacher(s)
- Students will follow our Regular School Schedule specific to each class, as shared by teachers
- Students will follow their Regular Class Timetable:
- Students will follow their Regular Class Timetable, as provided earlier this school year
- Tuesday, January 5, 2021 (a timetable DAY 4) will move forward following class timetables for Remote Learning
- Please ensure that you review this information in detail with your child
C. TDSB STUDENT DEVICE INFORMATION:
- For those students who may require a TDSB Student Device for this Remote Learning period, please see the details below:
- Parents/guardians are asked to complete this internal TDSB Student Device Request Google Form
- Samuel Hearne MS Staff will be in contact with parents/guardians/families regarding next steps once the TDSB Student Device Request Google Form has been completed
- Please note that TDSB Student Devices will be provided based on availability and may take time to distribute
D. STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH & WELL-BEING:
- With this all in mind, it is important that we continue to consider and prioritize the Mental Health and Well-Being of our entire School Community, inclusive of our students, families and staff
- At Samuel Hearne MS and at the TDSB, we care about the range of emotions and questions students of all ages may be experiencing in this uncertain and unprecedented time of the COVID-19 pandemic and school closures
- Both school-based staff and TDSB Professional Support Services share responsibilities for supporting student well-being
- While at home, there are a variety of Mental Health and Well-Being Resources for students and families available on the TDSB website
- We remind our School Community that these supports continue to be available for students and families, and should you have any questions or concerns please contact Principal Joe Romano directly via email at Joseph.Romano@tdsb.on.ca
Moving forward, we will continue to communicate any updates and pertinent information as it is shared to keep our School Community informed in a timely manner.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Principal Joe Romano directly via email at Joseph.Romano@tdsb.on.ca.
Stay Safe & Take Care,
Mr. J. Romano, Principal & Ms. N. Blackwood-Fuller, Vice Principal