Good Evening Samuel Hearne MS Community,
On behalf of the staff of Samuel Hearne Middle School, we would like to thank our students and parents/guardians/families for your ongoing support as we continue to work together to ensure success in Remote Learning.
This week, we moved forward with Week 2 of Remote Learning. With this, we see how hard students, staff and parents/guardians/families are continuing to work to adjust to constantly changing times and new norms. We thank you for your efforts related to this.
We remind our School Community to stay safe by following all protocols and directives outlined by Toronto Public Health, Ontario Ministry of Health and government officials to ensure your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of others.
This communication is being sent to share pertinent information and resources to support our students and our School Community during this time – please see the sections below for further details:
A. UPDATED – REMOTE LEARNING EXTENDED/EXTENDED SCHOOL CLOSURE UPDATE:
- As you have likely heard from recent TDSB and Ontario Government communications, as a part of new measures to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in the province, the government has said that all schools in Toronto (including Samuel Hearne MS) will remain closed to students and staff until Wednesday, February 10, 2021
- During this extended closure, Remote Learning will continue
- Students will continue to follow our Regular School Schedule and their Regular Class Timetable
- Please note that Friday, January 15, 2021 is a PA Day
- As we know, these continue to be unprecedented and challenging times – the staff at Samuel Hearne Middle School would like to remind all of our students and families that we are here for you, and our focus continues to be the learning, mental health and well-being of all within our school community
B. REMINDER – STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH & WELL-BEING:
- With this all in mind, it is important that we continue to consider and prioritize the Mental Health and Well-Being of our entire School Community, inclusive of our students, families and staff
- At Samuel Hearne MS and at the TDSB, we care about the range of emotions and questions students of all ages may be experiencing in this uncertain and unprecedented time of the COVID-19 pandemic and school closures
- Both school-based staff and TDSB Professional Support Services share responsibilities for supporting student well-being
- While at home, there are a variety of Mental Health and Well-Being Resources for students and families available on the TDSB website
- We remind our School Community that these supports continue to be available for students and families, and should you have any questions or concerns please contact Principal Joe Romano directly via email at Joseph.Romano@tdsb.on.ca
C. REMINDER – TDSB STUDENT DEVICE INFORMATION:
- For those students who may require a TDSB Student Device for this Remote Learning period, please see the details below:
- Parents/guardians are asked to complete this internal TDSB Student Device Request Google Form
- Samuel Hearne MS Staff will be in contact with parents/guardians/families regarding next steps once the TDSB Student Device Request Google Form has been completed
- Please note that TDSB Student Devices will be provided based on availability and may take time to distribute
D. REMINDER – SAMUEL HEARNE MS SCHOOL COMMUNITY COMMUNICATIONS PLAN:
- Our communication with our School Community continues to be a priority
- To support this at the school-level, below please find the ways in which we have communicated and plan to continue to communicate any and all updates with our School Community:
- In addition, we ask our School Community to send any questions or concerns directly to Principal Joe Romano, via email at Joseph.Romano@tdsb.on.ca
E. REMINDER – RESOURCES & PERTINENT INFORMATION FROM IMPORTANT TDSB PARTNERS:
- Further, to continue to stay up-to-date with all information surrounding the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, please see and continue to check the websites below for ongoing updates:
Moving forward, we will continue to communicate any updates and pertinent information as it is shared to keep our School Community informed in a timely manner.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Principal Joe Romano directly via email at Joseph.Romano@tdsb.on.ca.
Stay Safe & Take Care,
Mr. J. Romano, Principal & Ms. N. Blackwood-Fuller, Vice Principal