Good Evening Samuel Hearne MS Community,
On behalf of the staff of Samuel Hearne Middle School, we would like to thank our students and parents/guardians/families for your ongoing support as we continue to work together to ensure success in Remote Learning.
This week, we engaged in Week 5 of Remote Learning. With this, we see how hard students, staff and parents/guardians/families are continuing to work within our new norms. We thank you for your efforts related to this.
We remind our School Community to stay safe by following all protocols and directives outlined by Toronto Public Health, Ontario Ministry of Health and government officials to ensure your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of others.
This communication is being sent to share pertinent information regarding our Return To In-Person Learning – please see the sections below for further details:
A. NEW – RETURN TO IN-PERSON LEARNING UPDATE:
- As you have likely heard from recent TDSB and Ontario Government communications, the Minister of Education announced that in-person learning will resume for schools in Toronto (including Samuel Hearne MS) on Tuesday, February 16, 2021:
- Until that time, schools will remain closed and remote learning will continue
- Next week, the TDSB and our school will be sharing additional information with families with regards to health and safety measures at all TDSB schools — both those that are already in place at our school and those that will be implemented when students return
- As we know, these continue to be unprecedented and challenging times – the staff at Samuel Hearne Middle School would like to remind all of our students and families that we are here for you, and our focus continues to be the learning, mental health and well-being of all within our school community
B. REMINDER – TERM 1 REPORT CARDS, IEPS & ELL PROGRESS REPORTS:
- All Term 1 Report Cards, IEPs and ELL Progress Reports will be sent via email to parents/guardians, using the parent/guardian email address our school has on file:
- Further, all students will also receive a copy of their Term 1 Report Card, which will be sent to their TDSB student email account
- Term 1 Report Cards, IEPs and ELL Progress Reports will be sent to all parents/guardians via email beginning the week of Monday, February 8, 2021
- Teachers have been/will be in contact with specific parents/guardians to schedule Term 1 Parent/Guardian-Teacher Conferences, to occur by telephone or by video conference
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Principal Joe Romano directly via email at Joseph.Romano@tdsb.on.ca.
Stay Safe & Take Care,
Mr. J. Romano, Principal & Ms. N. Blackwood-Fuller, Vice Principal